Individuals / Academic Coach
Help students get the extra push they need to graduate by providing one-on-one and small group educational support through one of the following opportunities:
Community members who are interested in sharing their time, energy, and expertise with Civicorps students.
Coach in one of the following subject areas: Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Research Process
Why? (answers include):
- Coaches consistently report that the rewards of working with this
unique group of students far exceeds the sacrifice of time.
- Opportunity to explore work in the field of youth development,
education, and/or social justice.
- Participate in a thriving community of individuals dedicated to student
success and making a positive impact.
Coaches typically commit to at least two hours on one day a week.
Monday-Thursday from 10:25am-3:00pm
Monday – Thursday from 4:10am-6:00pm
Fridays from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Coach students who need individual support. (day or evening)
- Coach small groups of students with similar needs. (day or evening)
- Support a class of students over the course of the academic day. (day only)
- Support a specific seminar topic/teacher. (Fridays only, topics change each term)
Located at 101 Myrtle Street. Close to Jack London Square and the West Oakland BART Station.
Want more information or to set up an interview?
Contact Erica Brown at (510) 992-7815 or email@example.com
To apply, download our Civicorps Volunteer Application (pdf) and e-mail it to Erica.
I am inspired by the students who are working hard to beat the odds of their challenging beginnings. I love seeing the ‘light bulbs’ go on when I’m working with a student!”