Civicorps currently offers the following job opportunities.
Recycling Processor Intern
Civicorps invites you to apply to our paid job training program at our Recycling Center which can lead to training in forklift and bobcat operation and Class B Drivers License. The program requires a one year minimum commitment and is full-time during the working day. All interns are eligible to sign up to earn Americorps Scholarship credits, which can be used to pay for college.
Civicorps is seeking a full-time dynamic Math Teacher. Are you able to explain fractions and variables in a way that students understand and make it relevant to their lives? Can you motivate and engage young adults who are seeking a second chance to earn their high-school diploma? As a member of the tight-knit collaborative team, the Math Teacher is responsible for delivering pertinent, meaningful, and timely curriculum using a variety of methodologies to address multiple learning styles and ability levels.
Monday-Thursday: 10 am – 6 pm
Friday: 8 am -2 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university
- One to two years related experience and/or training in youth development, middle or high school educational program, community-based organization or other youth- centered environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Math California Single Subject credential. BCLAD or CLAD preferred.
- Ability to pass state and federal criminal background checks as well as a TB test.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Clean drivers license and ability to obtain Class B license
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Civicorps.email@example.com